We have been busy behind closed doors! We have been offering emergency care for urgent medical needs, along with curbside service for contact lens and glasses pickup. Additionally, we reopened our doors on May 18th, 2020 to begin offering essential care.
We have carefully planned how we can promote the safest experience and highest level of customer service to welcome you back. In order to maximize your safety and minimize your risk of exposure to illness, we will be taking the following precautions:
- Every patient entering our offices will need to have a face mask or cover. Please plan to provide your own or utilize one of our paper masks provided. If you are a caregiver or are accompanying your child to his or her appointment, we ask that both you and the patient wear masks.
- Only the scheduled patient will be allowed unless needing assistance from a guardian or caregiver. Please no additional family members.
- For all patients with exams or seeking other services, please call the office when you arrive and wait in your vehicle until you are checked in over the phone and given permission to enter. One of our staff will open the door for you.
- Upon entering, your temperature will be taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer and you will be asked a series of screening questions. Anyone showing signs of fever or illness will be asked to reschedule their visit.
- Once cleared, you will be asked to use a hand sanitizing station at the entrance. We ask that you limit touching anything in the office as much as possible.
- Patients scheduled to see the doctor will be called before their appointment to take as much history, reason for visit, etc. as possible to reduce their time in the office during the exam.
- We ask that any New Patients or patients told they are due for paperwork updates print out any required forms from our website and fill them out prior to their arrival. These forms can be found on our website, at the following link: https://familyvisioncarecenter.com/your-visit/
- We have added a frame gallery to our website so that you can browse and create a wish list in advance of your appointment.
- If looking at glasses in the optical, we ask that our opticians be the only ones to handle the frames. Please let one of us know if you would like to look at any frames.
- Please call ahead to pick up your eyeglasses and contact lens orders. Walk-ins
are discouraged and may result in you having to wait outside until we can accommodate you.
- We have installed barrier shields in several locations throughout the office for additional protection.
- We have upgraded our HVAC with a bacteria killing UV light and upgraded to two medical grade air purifiers.
- We have removed the chairs from the waiting room and will be using the space for glasses adjustments and repairs to maintain 6 feet for social distancing.
We have added extra cleaning and disinfecting practices that will be continually performed in common areas in the office. All frames that are touched will be disinfected before being put back on the display boards.
The most current office information and updates can be found on our Facebook page.
The world has changed since your last visit with us, but one thing remains constant: our commitment to your health and well-being. We sincerely thank you for your understanding and for supporting us through this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you soon!